[PDB-gov] Voting eligibility

Nat Morris nat at nuqe.net
Wed Nov 18 17:37:54 PST 2015

On 19 Nov 2015 03:24, "Matthew Walster" <matthew at walster.org> wrote:

> On 19 November 2015 at 01:10, Chris Caputo <secretary at peeringdb.com>
wrote:

>> I think low-cost ($5?) annual fee-based individual memberships are an
>> interesting solution to what started this thread, assuming you mean in
>> addition to organizational members.  Folks could pay the fee for others,
>> as a way of supporting their volunteering.
>

> ​Couldn't disagree strongly enough. I'd extend my opposition to this as
far as I would never want to see PeeringDB mandate payment of funds from
any of its users. To fundraise, sure. To solicit donations, sure. To charge
for any kind of service -- electoral, database access or other, would
vastly diminish the value of PeeringDB.

Likewise.

I stood down from the election process due to confusion over who is
eligable to vote. Regarding volunteers more than happy for people to help
run the service, but I think it'd be cleaner if they vote on behalf of an
org.

Which entries can vote? then I would like to see only legal entries - as an
open example I have 4 or 5 ASNs myself (with no revenue stream), one of
which is my anycast network, another a single colo box in London and one my
house, I think I have a few spare too. A couple of these have PDB entries,
but I should only able to vote once.

I am unaware if this election was discussed at the Connect WG today at
RIPE71, if not I suggest someone from the current org makes sure to promote
it to the community on Friday during the lightning talk slot.

Nat