[PDB-gov] Voting eligibility

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Fri Nov 20 17:02:01 PST 2015

Among other things, PeeringDB enables networks to see what facilities
other networks are at.

You can browse by facility and see who has publicly listed themselves as
being present.  You might even use that data for non-IP peering purposes,
like whose got fiber where.

Or you can browse by IXP and see who has publicly listed themselves as
being present at an exchange.

The Seattle Internet Exchange automatedly uses PeeringDB for data such as
whether a network at the exchange is doing IPv6, their peering policy,
what speed they are advertising publicly as their connection speed, and
how many prefixes they claim to advertise (which we also use as the basis
for max prefix in the SIX route servers).  We used PeeringDB for all that
information prior to ever having an ASN for our route servers.

Chris