[PDB-gov] organizational documents

Daniel Golding dgolding at google.com
Wed Oct 21 09:52:52 PDT 2015

As to Will's comment - I would not fix an exact date for an annual meeting.
It will just cause problems down the line. I also agree on Quorum, but
maybe 50 present both physically and electronically? As Will said, don't
tie it to membership or you could get trapped. I've seen Homeowners
Associations unable to do business for years because of absentee landlords
making a quorum impossible.

I've put anti-capture provisions in other organization's bylaws, and every
time the concern has been unwarranted. NANOG was never captured by Cisco
and Open-IX was never captured by Equinix. "Affiliated" is tricky and I'm
not sure how a court would read that. Borrowing the Open-IX clause is an
idea - it has let multiple folks from organizations become members while
avoiding capture.

"I’m actually used to an environment where the board can’t change the
bylaws/articles at all, and requires a majority vote of members in general
meeting to change them. " - this will work, but only after a certain point
in time. A board needs the ability to tweak, at least for the first 12
months or you can get really unexpected results.

Dan

--
Dan Golding | Network Infrastructure Engineering | dgolding at google.com |  +1
202-370-5916