[PDB-gov] 501(c)(6) application

Chris Van Fossen chris at f0xx.com
Tue Jan 5 11:25:54 PST 2016

Hi Chris,

Many thanks to you, Patrick, Job, Matt, and Arnold for your work in
launching PeeringDB, Inc..

Can you or a board member direct us where to go to better understand the
financial decisions/estimates being made in the filing? Or if the summary
is "these are decided by the board in the best interests of its members,"
that'd be good to know.

Reworded from page 6 of the filing PDF --

*Gifts/contributions revenue:*
*2014 2015 2016 (proposed) 2017 (proposed)*
*$0 $8000 $210,000 $80,000*

*Activities expenses:*
*2014 2015 2016 (proposed) 2017 (proposed)*
*$422 $985 $44,838 $42,988*

*Compensation expenses:*
*2014 2015 2016 (proposed) 2017 (proposed) $0 $4450 $165,000 $36,000*

>From page 20 of the filing PDF --

*Matt Griswold, Director: Mr. Griswold's company 20C, LLC will receive
approximately $100,000 one-time and approximately $2,000 per month for
software maintenance and development services.Chris Caputo,
Secretary/Treasurer: Mr. Caputo is owner of Altopia Corporation. Altopia
Corporation will receive approximately $29,000 one-time and $1,000 per
month for up to 10 hours of work, for consulting. Overtime at $100/hour.*

There's no mention of those compensation or activities discussions in the
Dec 8 board meeting minutes or in the docs at https://www.caputo.com/pdb/.
Likely warranted and justified all around, so just hoping to learn more
since all together that's no small figure ($209,838) for a new non-profit.

>From page 3 of the PDF, "PeeringDB does not charge membership fees. Members
and interested parties contribute funds, sometimes in exchange for
recognition."

If a contributing party asks where their 2016 donation goes, it seems part
of the answer is "it goes toward payments for past contributions to the
site." Correct?

Thanks,
Chris