[PDB Gov] PeeringDB Transparency Request

Daniel Golding dgolding at google.com
Wed Mar 29 07:43:27 PDT 2017

Tom,

While I think this is a terrible idea, the board (or admins or cabal or
whatever) was pretty transparent about what this arrangement was going to
be when they set up Peering DB as it own organization - namely, that a
board member was going to be PeeringDB's largest vendor. AFAIK, a lot of
the work that was done occurred prior to incorporation and was "owed" to
Grizz - it may in fact, be a primary driver as to why the organization was
spun up - there was no other reasonable way to pay him for the work he had
already done.

This is a massive CoI, but I think during the debate about whether
PeeringDB should have been a separate org (which I was against), this was
surfaced repeatedly, and folks seemed to be ok with it. Whether its right
or wrong, the community went in with "eyes wide open".

As far as deleting the thread - I have no idea who did that, but I think
PeeringDB as an organization should strive to be as transparent as
possible. I can understand wanting to move such an important discussion to
a public mailing list, but that should probably have been done by whomever
deleted the thread. Otherwise, it looks a bit shady.

Dan

--
Dan Golding |  Global Network Infrastructure |  dgolding at google.com |   +1
202-370-5916