[PDB-tech] How to get all networks with presence on an IX

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.net
Tue Aug 25 06:39:13 PDT 2015

Dear all,

how would I go about fetching all networks that has presence on a given
IX via the API?

Reading the API docs I figured it would be something along the lines of:
https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/net?depth=1&ixlan_id=128

Does that make sense? Do I need to specify in which data structure
ixlan_id exists?

Docs state: Nested sets will not be loaded (any field ending with the
_set suffix) unless the 'depth' parameter is passed in the request URL,
note that this can be quite slow.

It doesn't say what value is expected for depth but I assume it's a
positive integer on how deep into the data structure it should go. I
experimented with a few different values. The warning about it being
slow is right on the money :/

Regardless, once it's loaded it seems the result set contains all
entries in pdb, rather than the ones with ixlan_id=128.

How do I search for all networks with presence on an IX?
Could the members perhaps be included in /api/ix/128 ?

I suppose the same question is valid for facilities although I have not
yet looked into that.

Kind regards,
    Kristian.