[PDB-tech] API - question about ixlan and netix

Stefan Neufeind peeringdb at stefan-neufeind.de
Sun Jun 21 23:57:29 PDT 2015

Am 22.06.2015 um 07:03 schrieb Andy Linton:
> Matt,
>
> I can see that you currently have a way of enumerating peers for the
> beta web page e.g. if I look at:
>
> https://beta.peeringdb.com/ix/132
>
> I can see there are 31 "Peers at this Exchange Point" (which of course
> is those who have bothered to add themselves to Peering DB)

[...]

This brings me back to a thought from a while ago:
Would it make sense to maybe consider allowing "IXP-owners" to update
the list of their participants as well? That would mean adding members
and updating their details for this particular IXP.
And maybe even for the case where networks are not yet listed at all in
PeeringDB being able to add "minimal" records to be able to add those to
the IXP-list as well? Somebody could later register to PeeringDB and
claim ownership of an already existing minimal entry or so.

If you think that might make sense, I'll be happy to add that as two
feature-requests on Github.

Kind regards,
 Stefan