[PDB-tech] Netnod Stockholm LANs same IX

Paul Vlaar pvlaar at afilias.info
Thu Apr 14 13:42:40 PDT 2016

I am wondering why Netnod Stockholm is listed as one IX in peeringdb_ix,
when in fact it has 2 LANs. LINX also has 2 LANs and these are both
listed as a separate IX:

mysql> select id, name, name_long from peeringdb_ix where name like
'%linx%lan';
+-----+------------------+-------------------------------+
| id  | name             | name_long                     |
+-----+------------------+-------------------------------+
|  18 | LINX Juniper LAN | London Internet Exchange Ltd. |
| 321 | LINX Extreme LAN | London Internet Exchange Ltd. |
+-----+------------------+-------------------------------+

mysql> select id, name, name_long from peeringdb_ix where name like
'%netnod stockholm%';
+----+------------------+---------------------------------------+
| id | name             | name_long                             |
| 70 | Netnod Stockholm | Netnod Internet Exchange i Sverige AB |

Since recently we have been connected to Netnod and have an IP address
on both STH-A and STH-B. Now, some code I have written expects for each
LAN to be associated to a separate IX entity as per the PeeringDB
database. Perhaps that is a wrong assumption, but I'm just trying to
figure out the logic why LINX has that split and Netnod Stockholm has not.

	~paul