[PDB Tech] peeringdb sync error

Paul Vlaar pvlaar at afilias.info
Tue Aug 2 10:51:03 PDT 2016

On 2/8/16 19:31, Stefan Pratter wrote:
> Upgrading the version most likely wouldn't fix already existing bad
> data, out of curiosity what version were you running before the upgrade?

I was running 0.4.3.2.

> Without knowing the exact reason why import for the specified org failed
> at some point, this seems like a likely candidate to address the cause:
> https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/32

Aha.

-snip-

> If you do that and there are more errors after this, a clean sync would
> most likely be the best way to go.

I just bit the bullet and wiped the DB. I need to be careful with the
drop tables command as I have other tables in the same DB that need to
be preserved, but dropping the PeeringDB ones by hand and doing a full
sync fixed the issue for me.

Probably a good idea for me to retain logs for the partial syncs so that
I can give more helpful historic debug, next time.

Thanks,

	~paul