[PDB Tech] route-server information add-on

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Sun Dec 11 19:57:05 PST 2016

On 12 Dec 2016, at 3:41, Jon Nistor wrote:

> I had a peer ask that I add an entry for the TorIX route-servers as
> entities in peeringDB as their system uses automation against
> peeringDB for configurations, etc.
>
> It got me thinking, could it be possible to add in an option for
> route-servers under Internet Exchange points that one could query via
> the API?  Would it be worth it?  Is there an alternative to this that
> would work (i've listed one ref below).
> ref: https://www.peeringdb.com/net/11429

We have it listed as an ordinary peer e.g.
https://www.peeringdb.com/net/3789

More information might be useful, but there is always special config for
route-servers - e.g. no bgp enforce first-as, higher max-pfx, policy
etc.

Maybe an IXP could have a field listing route-server AS, and then any IP
attached to that AS can be assumed to be a RS?

Will