[PDB-tech] Country Code "XK"

Martin J. Levy mahtin at mahtin.com
Fri May 6 07:28:49 PDT 2016

This ...

>    # add user defined iso code for Kosovo
>    COUNTRIES_OVERRIDE={
>         'XK': _('Kosovo'),
>    },

... is pretty much how most players handle this. There's also the same issue with "EU" & "AP" (Asia Pacific - used by APNIC) and those sometimes need to be added to COUNTRIES_OVERRIDE.

There's still "SU" and "YU" to be found in the wild; however PDB doesn't need to address this.

Plus ... there's a slight issue with "UK" and "GB"; but I think that's been flushed out of the PDB database (via Andy D, Will H, Kai, Grizz and myself). It's needed when mapping from RIPE ASNs into TLDs. For example http://bgp.he.net/country/GB maps into UK. Damn Brits!

Martin