[PDB Tech] PeeringDB API Discrepency

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:53:32 PDT 2016

On 13 September 2016 at 11:00, Stefan Pratter <stefan at 20c.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for bringing this to our attention, i have opened a github ticket
> for it here:
>
> https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/68
>
> Stefan

Whilst playing the the PDB API some more I have found another "issue".
It's not an issue with the API as such but perhaps a feature request;
there seems to be no duplication detection.

I was trying to automate some stuff at this IX: https://www.peeringdb.com/ix/745

If you look there are two peers listed at that exchange with the same
IPv4 address (AS 8468 and AS 60688, both with IP 195.66.246.11). This
kind of thing should be easily detectable. Any scope for this sort of
function to be added, where the AS number and company are different
there shouldn't be a matching IP, the IP can only be announced by one
AS number at an exchange.

Cheers,
James.