[PDB Tech] Are we ready for the next step in IP > management ?

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Tue May 9 03:13:30 PDT 2017

On 8 May 2017, at 21:00, pdb-tech-request at lists.peeringdb.com wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 16:51:42 +0100
> From: Marty Strong <marty at cloudflare.com>
> To: Denis Fondras <peeringdb at liopen.fr>
> Cc: pdb-tech at lists.peeringdb.com
> Subject: Re: [PDB Tech] Are we ready for the next step in IP
> 	management ?
>
> The preferred way is to mark the RS ASN as “Route Server” e.g.:
> https://www.peeringdb.com/net/9510
>
> Regards,
> Marty Strong
> --------------------------------------

Hi,

I have spent some time digging around this problem.

Currently the ixlan-object has an empty or zeroed rs_asn value. For
safer and faster auto-processing it might be necessary to set it to the
correct IX-ASN.

E.g. the code under
https://github.com/ipcjk/ixgen/blob/master/ixworkers/ixworkers.go#L34
will search the peering members and then will compare the peering ASN
object to the ‚Route Server‘-type to auto-configure route-servers.

This will work great, till somebody marks his network as ‚route
server’ because we don’t know the correct target ASN.

Jörg