[PDB User] Creating IX Member Networks

Matt Griswold grizz at 20c.com
Wed Nov 29 08:34:21 PST 2017

* Mike Hammett <peeringdb at ics-il.net> [171129 08:46 -0600]:
> I thought I saw somewhere that the feature to allow an IX to create
> (maybe create isn't the best word) an entry on behalf of a network
> that joined was implemented, but I can't find anything on it. Does my
> searching just suck or am I imagining things?

There's an option for a network to opt in for IX updates via JSON
schema, more info at [0]. Documentation is something we're working on
improving now.

> I know that I couldn't just create things on behalf of other people.
> I believe it actually worked more like inviting the network to create
> their record with information I pre-populated.

They still need to sign up, and as you said, PDB will not add network
information without their permission. An invite feature might be
something PDB would do, feel free to create an issue at [1] if you'd
like to have it discussed, but I'm not sure it's any easier than just
telling the network to sign up.

Cheers

[0] https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/237
[1] https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues