[PDB Data Ownership-TF] Scope Wording change

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Wed Dec 18 07:29:00 PST 2019

All

On 18.12.2019 16:09, Chris Caputo wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Arnold Nipper wrote:
>
>> On 18.12.2019 00:54, Filiz Yilmaz wrote:
>>
>>> It is mainly changing:
>>>
>>> “This Policy Document will include a clear description of each object,
>>> sub-object, and associated data, respectively, as well as*which type of
>>> user (network, IXP, etc.) *should be allowed to create and update them. “
>>>
>>> To:
>>> “This Policy Document will include a clear description of each object,
>>> sub-object, and associated data, respectively, as well as well as *who*
>>> should be allowed to create and update them.”
>>>
>>> If you have any objections to this, you can raise them until 24 Dec on
>>> the mailing list.
>>> After that I will get the Scope on the website changed too.
>>>
>> for me it's unclear what is meant by "sub-object" and "associated data".
>> For me there are only objects (i.e. fac, ix, ixfac, ixlan, ixpfx, net,
>> netfac, netixlan and poc. And as-set which imho shouldn't be there) and
>> relations between these objects expressed by ids. E.g. in netixlan we
>> find net_id and ix_id (and ixlan_id, but this id in turn is pointed to
>> by the the very same ix_id).
> Arnold, as I understand it, the Scope is meant to be broad and not address
> specific present-day PeeringDB object types.

so what is "each object" then referring to? I'm not a native speaker,
but would rephrase this to

 “This Policy Document will include a clear description of each object
 and the relation between each other, as well as well as the user
 permission system to create, update, and delete objects".

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper
email: arnold at nipper.de