[PDB Announce] PeeringDB is now open source!

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Sat Nov 10 08:01:55 PST 2018

Dear all,

PeeringDB provides a scalable way to publish interconnection related
information for tens of thousands of network operators. Over the years,
more and more organisations have built integrations to streamline their
interconnection processes - we'd now like to share with you the next
step to foster innovation!

We were pleased to announce PeeringDB's source code is now publicly
available under a BSD 2-Clause license. We believe this will be
beneficial to the interconnection community.

We anticipate that work considered to be "low hanging fruit" could be
taken on by volunteers, and we expect that open sourcing the platform
makes it easier for third parties to participate in bidding for new
features specified by the Product Committee.

In the coming months we'll establish processes for accepting
contributions and deploying them to the production service.

The source code is available through via GitHub:

    https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb

If you have any questions, please reach out to
stewards at lists.peeringdb.com

Happy hacking!

Job Snijders
Vice President