[PDB-gov] Results of Election of PeeringDB Initial Board of Directors

Chris Caputo secretary at peeringdb.com
Tue Dec 1 10:47:57 PST 2015

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015, Barry O'Donovan wrote:
> On 01/12/2015 18:38, Denis Fondras wrote:
> > Thank you for sharing :)
>
> +1
>
> Transparency of elections is important.

I was curious about STV versus first-past-the-post.  The BigPulse site
lets anonymized individual ballots to be downloaded and viewed in a
spreadsheet.  I did so and totaled up the counts per person, for those
that got ranked between 1 and 5 inclusive.  Keeping in mind that how
people voted was psychologically affected by STV (ie., less wasted vote
notions), these are the first-past-the-post results:

Job     64
Patrick 53
Matt    47
Arnold  43
Aaron   41
Greg    41
Martin  36
Anna    28
Fredrik 25
Chris   13
Dennis  7

So in this election, STV and first-past-the-post resulted in almost the
same candidates, with the exception of a tie between Aaron and Greg.
(Sorry Greg!)

(The above does not add up to 86 * 5 == 430 because not everyone ranked 5
or more candidates.)

Chris