[PDB Gov] PeeringDB and GDPR

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at peeringdb.com
Thu May 24 13:39:29 PDT 2018

PeeringDB Members:

During our last meeting, the Board reviewed PeeringDB's compliance and risk related to the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulation in the European Union (EU).

The board has drafted an updated privacy policy and supporting documentation to comply with GDPR. We are working with legal counsel who has experience with Internet-related, community-based, non-profit organizations going through GDPR review, to ensure PeeringDB is following good practice and not at risk. A special thank you to Bijal Sanghani for championing the drafting effort.

You can view the documents here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aArtpDOEGcwyi7sHwfGpcu7n0gtytNtA?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aArtpDOEGcwyi7sHwfGpcu7n0gtytNtA?usp=sharing>

The Board welcomes comments and questions. We have created the alias GDPR at peeringdb.com for comments which you would like kept confidential. Public discussion is welcome on the pdb-gov@ list.

Thank you.