[PDB Gov] PeeringDB innovations/changes in the last year
secretary at peeringdb.com
Mon Mar 11 09:24:20 PDT 2019
A sponsor asked for a summary of recent innovations/changes to PeeringDB
in roughly the last year. I came up with the following and thought it
worthwhile to share more widely, even if incomplete...
Also, off the top of my head:
- New branding was very recently introduced.
- The infrastructure has moved to the cloud and is now primarily hosted
on Amazon AWS, with multiple instances for redundancy and improved
- A tutorial version of the web site is now available and being
introduced at conferences. Arnold introduced this here:
- Translations are growing in number and there is a web site available
to assist in the process. Details at: https://docs.peeringdb.com/translation/
- The software became Open Source in November and we welcome
contributions from the community.
- The Product Committee is searching for a product manager to hire!:
- The "finger" service was retired and the "whois" service was moved to
its own FQDN "whois.peeringdb.com":
- A security audit was completed:
Also please check out Arnold's most recent presentation which has more
details on some of the above, at:
Generally, we list recent presentations at: https://docs.peeringdb.com/
More information about the Pdb-gov