[PDB Gov] PeeringDB innovations/changes in the last year

Chris Caputo secretary at peeringdb.com
Mon Mar 11 09:24:20 PDT 2019

A sponsor asked for a summary of recent innovations/changes to PeeringDB
in roughly the last year.  I came up with the following and thought it
worthwhile to share more widely, even if incomplete...

Chris

----

[...]

Also, off the top of my head:

  - New branding was very recently introduced.

  - The infrastructure has moved to the cloud and is now primarily hosted
    on Amazon AWS, with multiple instances for redundancy and improved
    performance.

  - A tutorial version of the web site is now available and being
    introduced at conferences.  Arnold introduced this here:

      https://docs.peeringdb.com/presentation/20190227-peeringdb-workshop-2-main.pdf

  - Translations are growing in number and there is a web site available
    to assist in the process.  Details at: https://docs.peeringdb.com/translation/

  - The software became Open Source in November and we welcome
    contributions from the community.

      http://lists.peeringdb.com/pipermail/pdb-announce/2018-November/000111.html

  - The Product Committee is searching for a product manager to hire!:

      http://lists.peeringdb.com/pipermail/pdb-announce/2019-January/000115.html

  - The "finger" service was retired and the "whois" service was moved to
    its own FQDN "whois.peeringdb.com":

      http://lists.peeringdb.com/pipermail/pdb-announce/2018-November/000113.html

  - A security audit was completed:

      http://lists.peeringdb.com/pipermail/pdb-announce/2018-May/000095.html

Also please check out Arnold's most recent presentation which has more
details on some of the above, at:

  https://docs.peeringdb.com/presentation/20190306-PhNOG2019-Arnold-Nipper-V2.pdf

Generally, we list recent presentations at: https://docs.peeringdb.com/

----