[PDB Gov] Update on Data Ownership Task Force Recommendations

Filiz Yilmaz filiz at peeringdb.com
Tue May 19 03:16:37 PDT 2020

[Apologies for multiple posts]

Dear PeeringDB Community,

As previously announced last month, Data Ownership Task Force completed its work and the resulting PeeringDB Data Ownership Policy document is published at:
https://docs.peeringdb.com/gov/misc/2020-04-06_PeeringDB_Data_Ownership_Policy_Document_v1.0.pdf <https://docs.peeringdb.com/gov/misc/2020-04-06_PeeringDB_Data_Ownership_Policy_Document_v1.0.pdf>

There are some upcoming changes to PeeringDB resulting from the Task Force recommendations.
Product Committee is still evaluating the implementation aspects and the planning of these changes for a future release is in progress.

We will make an announcement and organise an online webinar when the planning is more concrete to better inform you about the upcoming changes.

For now, you may want to have a look at the update I gave during the PeeringDB Annual Meeting on 17 April in order to get a sense of what is coming at:
https://docs.peeringdb.com/presentation/20200417-DataTF-AnnualMtg-Update-Filiz-Yilmaz.pdf <https://docs.peeringdb.com/presentation/20200417-DataTF-AnnualMtg-Update-Filiz-Yilmaz.pdf>

You may also want to keep an eye on the relevant Github issues at:

• https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/676 <https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/676>
• https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/677 <https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/677>
• https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/681 <https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/681>

Kind regards