[PDB Gov] May 8th, 2023 draft Board meeting minutes and officer changes

Chris Caputo secretary at peeringdb.com
Tue May 9 08:15:18 PDT 2023

The May 8th, 2023 draft Board meeting minutes are now available:

  https://docs.peeringdb.com/gov/legaldocs/2023-05-08_PeeringDB_Board_Minutes.pdf

Officers were elected as follows:

 - Christopher Malayter, President, 2023-
 - Aaron Hughes, Vice President, 2023-
 - Chris Caputo, Secretary/Treasurer, 2015-

With the above changes, Job Snijders has moved on from being Vice
President while Aaron Hughes has shifted from being President to being
Vice President.

I hope you'll indulge me a few words...

Aaron has served as President of PeeringDB since its transition to a
formal non-profit organization in late 2015. I've had the honor of serving
with him since then and have appreciated his steady hand and willingness
to reserve his views until after everyone else has shared. I still
remember the first time I produced draft minutes for him and his reaction
was... shall we say... that we are going to more professional than that.

Job has served as Vice President of PeeringDB since 2016. If you know Job,
you know that having someone with his level of technical skill is an asset
for PeeringDB. I have the pleasure of volunteering with him on the
PeeringDB Operations Committee, where that skill comes in handy, but
separate from PeeringDB I have Job to thank for motivating me to develop
strict route servers for the SeattleIX. Engineer to engineer prospect of
shame is a powerful force!

I look forward to serving with President Malayter as your
Secretary/Treasurer while the search for my own replacement continues. If
you are interested in contributing to PeeringDB in this paid role, please
reach out to stewards at peeringdb.com for more info.

PeeringDB governance documents are up at:

  https://gov.peeringdb.com/

Feedback welcome on this list or to stewards at peeringdb.com.

Respectfully,
Chris Caputo