[PDB-tech] Automated IX customer import

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Mon Jun 22 03:03:17 PDT 2015

> The current plan is we'll use the schema at
> https://github.com/euro-ix/json-schemas to import IX members as they
> change, but will keep it internal until a peer either sets a global
> "allow IXes to publish my membership" flag, or approves them
> individually. This will definitely be phase two after the rollout.
>
> Comments?

+1 - This is something we’ve wanted for a while. I expect most networks would just tick this box and get on with life. Our biggest problem with pdb from an ixp perspective is the trash people put in the ‘IP address’ field.

Previously the concept was fraught with political danger but the safeguards proposed should mitigate this.

--
Will Hargrave
LONAP Ltd