[PDB-tech] peeringdb sync - sometimes gets errors.

Martin J. Levy mahtin at mahtin.com
Wed Apr 13 14:29:24 PDT 2016

All,

Occasionally I get errors from doing a sync command.

> django.core.exceptions.ValidationError: {'name': [u'Organization with
this Name already exists.']}

I've gone back-n-forth on trying to fix this; however I realized I should
share this sql script that I run prior to "sync" in order to fix this. Once
you run "sync" you have a clean copy of PeeringDB.

This can be found at https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb-py/pull/7

Enjoy,

Martin

-----------
$ cat drop-tables-peeringdb.sql
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_facility;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_ix;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_ix_facility;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_ixlan;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_ixlan_prefix;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_network;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_network_contact;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_network_facility;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_network_ixlan;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS peeringdb_organization;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_group;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_group_permissions;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_permission;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_user;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_user_groups;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS auth_user_user_permissions;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS django_admin_log;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS django_content_type;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS django_migrations;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS django_session;
$