[PDB-tech] Netnod Stockholm LANs same IX

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Sat Apr 16 19:36:54 PDT 2016

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016, Martin J. Levy wrote:
> There's different setups that should be handled.
>
>  - two LANs, two IX names, two IP ranges
>      (LINX Juniper & LINX Extreme)
>  - two IP ranges on one IX name
>     (STHIX with 1500 & 9000 MTU LANs)
>     (ESPANIX with two LANs)
>  - two LANs on two IX names
>     (NETNOD A&B with 1500 & 4420 MTUs)

Maybe I'm confused, but those all seem the same to me, and all seem like
examples of two different ix records each with the same parent org.:

  LINX Juniper & LINK Extreme
  STHIX 1500 MTU & STHIX 9000 MTU
  ESPANIX A & ESPANIX B
  NETNOD A 1500 & NETNOD B 4420
  SIX Seattle Standard & SIX Seattle Jumbo

The single ix example that I think is most complicating is a single LAN
with two IPv4 address spaces and one IPv6 address space, or the like,
where folks in the same "Peers at this Exchange Point" list (and same LAN)
can't actually all reach each other.  Ex:

   https://www.peeringdb.com/ix/18
   (LINX Juniper LAN)

   195.66.224.0/22
   195.66.230.0/26