[PDB-tech] Netnod Stockholm LANs same IX

Arnold Nipper arnold.nipper at de-cix.net
Sun Apr 17 13:37:08 PDT 2016

On 17.04.2016 18:46, Job Snijders wrote:

>>> In the PeeringDB integrations I've done I've always targetted the
>>> code to search for IPs that are in the same subnet as I am (which
>>> means a peering could be established). The properties are then
>>> evaluated against the local policy (for instance, inter-domain
>>> multicast peering not supported => no multicast peering). What
>>> remains can be configured.
>>>

>> Regarding same subnet: are there IXP that use *different* subnet
>> on the same vlan forming a single peering fabric (not asking why
>> you would do so)
>
> That's fine, from a programmatic perspective they would be different
> IXPs. If I have configured only one of the subnets but not the other,
> I cannot reach the other, so for all intends and purposes its as if
> the second subnet is on a different IXP.

Well, iirc if you configure the other network as "connected" you would
also be able to reach the other network. So it would be the same IXP ...

And a more philosophical question: after re-numbering is it a
*different* IXP?

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper
Chief Technology Evangelist and Co-Founder

DE-CIX Management GmbH | Lindleystrasse 12 | 60314 Frankfurt am Main |
Germany | www.de-cix.net | Phone +49 69 1730902 22 |
Mobile +49 172 2650958 | Fax +49 69 4056 2716 |
arnold.nipper at de-cix.net | Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa |
Registergericht AG Koeln HRB 51135