[PDB-tech] CLI client for access to PDB data?

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Fri Mar 18 02:50:22 PDT 2016

Hi all,

In the past, PeeringDB offered a textual interface to the PDB data
through finger/whois. Multiple people (from as many companies) have
approach me that they miss that approach and argued that the internet is
more then a collection of websites.

Most seem to depend having access to the contact information (which we
do not expose without authentication) - but they also don't want to run
a local mirror of the database: they want it lightweight and easy.

My question: has anyone started work on a CLI based client which
interacts with the hosted API on peeringdb.com/api, has no or very few
dependencies, and authenticates itself? The only relevant lookup key is
the AS number.

Kind regards,

Job