[PDB Tech] pdb, PUT, python, fail - or maybe stupidity...

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Tue Jan 28 03:05:04 PST 2020

Hi gents, ladies,

Arnold asked me to post this to the list, maybe I'm just doing something very
wrong. If anybody has a hint (or experience), that could potentially make me
happy :-)

Elmar.

===

I'm trying to update a net object from python, using the requests library with
the peeringdb RESTful API, essentially doing a PUT operation..

Just in case I'm too stupid to ... here's the whole she-bang

---------- What I send:

import request

URL = 'https://isc-apiuser:********@peeringdb.com/api/net/12085'

dict_headers = {
        "Accept"       : "application/json",
        "Content-Type" : "application/json",
        }

dict_changes = {
        "irr_as_set"     : "AS3557",
        }

request.put(url=URL, data=dict_changes, headers=dict_headers)

---------- What I get:

400 Client Error: Bad Request for url:
https://isc-apiuser:************@peeringdb.com/api/net/12085

===

Yes, the user has "update" rights to all net objects (got the 403 when that was
not the case, so auth works)