[PDB User-discuss] [PDB-announce] [PDB-gov] PeeringDB survey with regard to the future of PeeringDB

Matt Griswold grizz at 20c.com
Sun Aug 9 02:19:06 PDT 2015

* Arnold Nipper <arnold.nipper at de-cix.net> [150809 10:48 +0200]:
> you are 2/3 right and 1/3 wrong. Regarding networks and facilities
> IX-F is the slave. Regarding IXP IX-F is the master and PDB is the
> slave. That is what we agreed upon.
Technically, there has never been a master/slave relationship with
either, originally both were autonomous, since their sync it's always
been more of a cluster. We did recently revert to PDB IDs for
IXPs, since more people were dependent on them, but it's still the same
system.

Since there has been a fair amount of time spent both politicking and
coding from those of us who made that happen, the polite thing to do
would be for you two to move your pissing contest to direct emails. :D

(also nuking from announce and gov, cross posting on those lists was
only to make sure everyone got the survey)