[PDB Data Ownership-TF] conditions for being listed in a facility

Arnold Nipper arnold at peeringdb.com
Wed Jan 8 02:22:51 PST 2020

On 08.01.2020 01:05, Chris Caputo wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
>
>>> Potentially Obvious:
>>>
>>> - as_set: IRR Record
>>>   - Ex: https://www.peeringdb.com/api/as_set/65512
>>>     - [...]"AS-EXAMPLE"[...]
>>>   - Parent Org owns and controls.
>>>

>> There is no parent org for record as-set. That is also the reason i
>> don't like this object :) However, it comes in handy.
>
> The as-set is directly derived from the "net" (network) object.  The "net"
> object has an Org parent, thus the as-set REST object is owned/controlled
> by the Org parent.

As already mentioned, I don't like this "object". It is

 * a shorthand for information we already have

 * read-only

That brings me to another point. IMO we have to look deeper into the
objects and look at ever field eventually to talk about ownership in the
sense who is able to create, change, and delete. And who is the
(trusted) *source* of the information.

Cheers
Arnold
--