[PDB Data Ownership-TF] conditions for being listed in a facility

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Wed Jan 8 10:06:13 PST 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 08.01.2020 01:05, Chris Caputo wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> >
> >> Last, but not least we should develop robust procedures in case
> >> there is conflict.
> >
> > Arnold, I am trying to understand your perspective.  Do you think we
> > need only document things and not actually make any decisions about
> > data ownership?  The database schema and database relationships are a
> > no brainer, while the complexity of what to do or what to present
> > when there is a conflict, is why we are here.
> >

> IMO we need a document describing the records/fields in detail (incl.
> perhaps where the information is coming from and who is the trusted source).
>
> In case we are able to define a single ownership for a record/field,
> fine. Otherwise we should define a robust procedure how to resolve
> conflicts.

Dear All:

The fundamental conflict which spawned this effort is the differing
perspectives of an IXP and a network with respect to IP assignment at an
IXP and whether or how to present or how to handle the differing data.

Is there any reason not to try to first solve that (IMHO most significant)
question?

If we can solve that, then we can decide on whether the ixfac/netfac issue
is in need of solving, and if so solve it, and then go on to document at a
level of detail to be agreed upon.

Chris