[PDB Data Ownership-TF] draft "Data Ownership Policy Document"

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Tue Mar 3 18:08:40 PST 2020

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 04.03.2020 00:56, Chris Caputo wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Mar 2020, Terry Sweetser wrote:
> >> I've like to give some time on the weekend, so please bear with me until next week.
> >>
> > Absolutely and thank you.
>
> What about having a fixed cut-off date. Would 2020-03-20 work for everyone?

To be courteous, I recommend we give task force members a good chance to
review and chime in over the course of the next week or two, as they are
able to.  We just gave everyone a fair sized document with a bunch of
changes to devour and there may be some questions and changes requested
along the way as it gets reviewed.  Or they might rejected it altogether.
:-)

If everyone loves it (my hope!) maybe we would be able to wrap it up close
to the original goal of about 6 months from September.

As an overview, here is what the outline of the draft looks like.

---

1) Background

2) Scope

3) Overarching Principles

3.1) Purpose of PeeringDB
3.2) Expectations
3.3) Admin Committee
3.4) Conflicted Data

4) User Interface Elements of PeeringDB

4.1) Organizations
4.2) Facilities
4.3) Internet Exchanges
4.4) Networks
4.5) Points of Contact
4.6) Public Peering Exchange Points
4.7) Private Peering Facilities
4.8) LAN
4.9) Prefixes
4.10) Local Facilities and Exchanges

5) Data Elements in PeeringDB

5.1) Single-party Data Elements

5.1.1) as_set
5.1.2) fac
5.1.3) ix
5.1.4) ixlan
5.1.5) ixpfx
5.1.6) net
5.1.7) org
5.1.8) poc

5.2) Multi-party Data Elements

5.2.1) netixlan
5.2.2) ixfac
5.2.3) netfac

6) Conflicted Data Resolution Recommendations

6.1) netixlan
6.2) ixfac & netfac

7) Action Items

7.1) "netixlan" dependency on "ix", "ixlan", and "ixpfx"
7.2) "ixfac" and "netfac" dependency on "fac"

---

Thanks,
Chris