[PDB Data Ownership-TF] draft "Data Ownership Policy Document"

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Sat Mar 21 16:37:09 PDT 2020

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 21.03.2020 21:22, Chris Caputo wrote:
>
> > Arnold brings up a good point.  This task force can't really amend the
> > Admin Committee charter which was already approved by the Board:
> >
> >   https://docs.peeringdb.com/committee/admin/
> >
> > So instead of adding this to section 3.3 Admin Committee:
> >
> >   - Decisions of the Admin Committee may be appealed to the PeeringDB
> >     Board of Directors.
> >
> > it may be much better to add: (diff below)
> >
> >   - This Task Force recommends that the Admin Committee charter be amended
> >     to specify that decisions of the Admin Committee may be appealed to
> >     the PeeringDB Board of Directors.
> >

> Actually how the dispute resolution is implemented should be left to the
> AC/Board to agree upon. Simply
>
>   - This Task Force recommends that the Admin Committee charter be
>     amended by a dispute resolution procedure.
>
> Does that make sense?

Job wrote:

   - "My only suggestion is that perhaps it should be documented that
     should dispute arise as a result of the Admin Committee's resolution
     process, the issue is brought to PeeringDB's Board of Directors for
     mediation."

My sense of Job's concern is not how the Admin Committee resolves a
dispute, but rather how an appeal of an Admin Committee resolution
would be handled.

Job?

Arnold, would this work for you:

  - This Task Force recommends that the Admin Committee charter be amended
    to include a dispute resolution procedure which includes a process for
    appeal to the Board of Directors.

?

Chris