[PDB-gov] eligible member list creation

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Sun Nov 8 22:48:42 PST 2015

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015, Matt Griswold wrote:
> Initial test script is done, https://github.com/peeringdb/ballotgen
>
> Of the 230 pdb-gov members, 87 direct matches, 47 full name matches,
> leaving 96 unaccounted for. I've manually mapped a few over while
> testing, some of them are pretty obvious.
>
> I tried removing +<something>@domain and got no matches on that. The
> full name matches seem a bit dubious, so I changed that to output in
> paste format for the map file, I think we'll have to go through that
> manually.
>
> I created a map file format for doing the conversion and allowing a
> single vote for each org, so the election committee can keep track of
> how that goes, and probably will add a report file that can go with the
> generated list for bigpulse. The main issue is where to store the map
> and report files, since it's information that shouldn't be available
> publicly.
>
> Input welcome.

Thanks for doing this.

For the map file, I support a location you think is best to protect it.
Maybe on the server you gave me access to?

For the pdb-gov addresses you weren't able to map to active PeeringDB
accounts, could we just email those folks directly and ask them what
PeeringDB organization they represent?

On BigPulse I'm imagining a ballot as follows below, with an org field, so
that we have the ability to remove any duplicates that slipped by.

By the way, Dave's contribution was received and I've created the BigPulse
account.  Thanks Dave!  (I am in the process of getting familiar with the
site/processes.)

Chris

-----------
DRAFT BEGIN
DRAFT BEGIN
DRAFT BEGIN

PeeringDB Ballot for Initial Board Election

Voting ends November 30th 23:59:59 UTC 2015.

The draft PeeringDB Bylaws
(https://www.caputo.com/pdb/20151023_PeeringDB_DRAFT_Bylaws.pdf) state:

 - 2.2 Qualifications for Membership: A corporation, limited liability
   company, partnership or other legal business entity may be a Member of
   the Corporation. Membership is determined by having both an active
   PeeringDB.com account and an individual representative or role
   subscription to the PeeringDB Governance mailing list:

 - 2.3 Voting Rights:

 - 2.3.1 Subject to section 2.3.2 of these Bylaws, each member entitled to
   vote with respect to the subject matter of an issue submitted to the
   members shall be entitled to one vote upon each such issue.

 - 2.3.2 Members who are affiliated with each other are entitled to a
   total of one vote upon each issue. "Affiliate" means, with respect to a
   particular person, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is
   controlled by, or is under common control with such person.

 - 2.3.3 Each member entitled to one vote at an election of Directors may
   cast one vote for as many persons as there are Directors to be elected
   and for whose election such member has a right to vote. Cumulative
   voting will not be allowed.

PeeringDB ASN or organization name for which you are voting for?

   ______________________________________

Do you attest that you are the authorized representative of the
organization you are voting for?

   _______  (yes or no)

Do you attest that this organization is not affiliated with any other
voting organization which is voting in this election?

   _______  (yes or no)

----------

There are 5 Initial Board seats and all are up for election.  You may vote
for up to 5 candidates.  No more than one vote per candidate.

----------

Candidates:

---------
Aaa