[PDB-gov] eligible member list creation

Chris Caputo secretary at peeringdb.com
Fri Nov 13 09:56:44 PST 2015

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Thanks for doing this !
>
> So for the avoidance of doubt, is it specifically the case that if
> peering at company.com is listed as a peering contact in PeeringDB, and
> fred at company.com is subscribed to pdb-gov, then fred at company.com will be
> able to vote on behalf of company.com in the PeeringDB Board election ?
> (This is the case that I sit in for instance.)

I will be sending out a voter registration email to all pdb-gov members
shortly, that addresses this.

> And, secondly, that if peering at company.com is the peering company, but
> Fred is subscribed with his gmail, and no other contact from the company
> is subscribed to pdb-gov, then company.com will NOT get a vote in the
> board election ?

The voter registration email will address this.  There will also be a
followup email to the organization represented, using their registered PDB
account email (Policy, if present), so they can rebuke (if needed) any
unauthorized voters.

> On which date will subscriptions to the list and data in database be
> used to assemble the canonical list of voters ?

This is no longer going to happen.  There won't be a date per se, but
rather as registrations come in, they will be processed.  Reminders will
be sent to pdb-gov periodically through the election, so that anyone who
has not been able to vote but should be, will be able to speak up.

Thanks,
Chris