[PDB-gov] Voting eligibility

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Thu Nov 19 10:08:05 PST 2015

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
>     Chris>   - 2 organizations have been disallowed from voting due to
>     Chris>     coming under the purview of the draft bylaws affiliate
>     Chris>     clause (*).  1 was disallowed because of a parent
>     Chris>     organization affiliation, and 1 was disallowed because
>     Chris>     of a common control affiliation.
>
> After this election is over, I suggest that we talk about when a
> controlled organization is independent enough to get their own vote
> besides that of the parent. One of the 2 orgs that have been disallowed
> could well have voted independently of mine, in my opinion.

Allowing organizations under common control to have multiple votes,
depending on the level of independence reported by the organizations
themselves, would seem to be a challenging equation to balance.

If A is a parent of B and C, and B and C are able to vote, then A wields
twice the influence of other voters.

I don't see how that can be negated.

Chris