[PDB Gov] Draft PeeringDB Press Release Policy - feedback requested
secretary at peeringdb.com
Tue Nov 29 06:26:55 PST 2022
The PeeringDB Board is considering the below draft Press Release Policy,
to be posted at:
- Press Release Policy
- Approved by Board [Month Date, Year]
- Since PeeringDB serves a large diverse community in the public
interest, PeeringDB does not normally collaborate on press releases.
- Any press release that includes PeeringDB, requires approval by a
majority of the PeeringDB Board.
- Only exceptional circumstances should be brought to the PeeringDB
Board for press release consideration.
- An example of an exceptional circumstance would be a donor wishing a
press release accompany a donation that dramatically exceeds our
highest published sponsorship tier.
- Routine collaboration with the Internet operations community, such as
for a portal that facilitates the interconnection of Internet
networks, would not normally be considered exceptional.
- Members of the PeeringDB community are welcome to reference PeeringDB
in their own press releases, such sponsorship announcements, product
release notes, etc., provided there is adherence to the PeeringDB
Acceptable Use Policy.
In regards to the high donation example, there is no donor in mind at the
Feedback/questions/corrections/suggestions/objections/approval about the
intent or language/grammar, etc., is welcome!
Feel free to discuss on this list or provide feedback directly to the
PeeringDB Stewards (Board, Officers, Committee Chairs, Product Manager)
PeeringDB Stewards <stewards at lists.peeringdb.com>
I intend to facilitate a vote of the Board on this subject after December
More information about the Pdb-gov