[PDB Gov] Draft PeeringDB Press Release Policy - feedback requested

Brad Raymo brad.raymo at stackpath.com
Tue Nov 29 07:05:00 PST 2022

Hi Chris et. al.,

The policy seems contradictory. In one statement all press releases require board approval and then further down it states it is not required. If I am reading this incorrectly, please let me know.

Any press release that includes PeeringDB, requires approval by a majority of the PeeringDB Board.

Members of the PeeringDB community are welcome to reference PeeringDB in their own press releases, such sponsorship announcements, product release notes, etc., provided there is adherence to the PeeringDB Acceptable Use Policy.

The AUP does not reference press releases so either the AUP needs to be updated or the policy needs to remove reference to the AUP. Below is an edited suggestion:

- Since PeeringDB serves a large, diverse community in the public interest, PeeringDB does not typically collaborate on press releases.
- Routine collaboration with the Internet operations community, such as a portal that facilitates the interconnection of Internet networks, would not typically be considered exceptional.
- Members of the PeeringDB community are welcome to reference PeeringDB in their press releases, such as sponsorship announcements, product release notes, etc..
-Any other press release not specified above requires a majority approval from the PeeringDB Board.

Thanks,

Bradley Raymo
Vice President Network Strategy | StackPath
P: +1 (480)739-6719   M: +1(623)703-5300Book Time on my calendar