[PDB-tech] Feedback for PeeringDB 2.0 from AS37100

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 11 08:22:49 PDT 2015

On 11/Jun/15 17:17, Koch, Andrew wrote:
> The contacts are grouped into three categories - Policy, Technical, NOC.  All the contact entries are there.

What I mean is we, for example, have multiple contacts for the same
category.

v2.0 displays only one contact per category.

v1.0 does not have this issue.

> I prefer the single page approach.  It is much easier to search on a single page to find the details for a peering exchange/peering facility in a long list than have to constantly click on buttons to advance to the next page and possibly find what I am looking for.
>
> I actually wish that the list of peers on the exchange point and facility pages would be a single list like the list of exchanges and facilities that are presented on a participant page.

While I also found clicking through different pages in v1.0 to see which
exchange points or data centres peers are at a little cumbersome, I
still prefer the way it is in v1.0.

Perhaps what the team can do is add a search functionality for this
particular issue so that the pages are still maintained (as a way to
reduce clutter), but one can use the search option to quickly jump to an
exchange point or data centre of interest.

The problem with listing all exchange points and data centres on a
single page is because for very large networks, this can be an
unbelievably long and painful list.

If you are a "small" network, one or fewer pages may be more reasonable
(with a search function) than subjecting the entire system to a single
page view.

Mark.