[PDB-tech] PeeringDB REST API - POC question

Aaron Foss (aafoss) aafoss at cisco.com
Sun Mar 6 22:30:59 PST 2016

Hello PDB API Experts,

I'm trying to retrieve poc json data using beta.peeringdb.com.  I notice that with the other API calls you can query all the members without needing a specific ID.

Example (all AS#):
https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/asn

It doesn't appear this is possible with the point of contacts call:
https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/poc
The response I observe is the following:
{
  "meta": {
    "generated": 1456793085.174871
  },
  "data": []
}

I notice that when you query a specific ASN, such as 13445 the POC information is empty.
Example snippet:
https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/asn/13445

      "poc_set": [],

Questions:
How do you identify the POC ID for tracking down a member's noc email or phone #?
https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/poc/{pk}<https://beta.peeringdb.com/api/poc/%7bpk%7d>

For example, how do I determine the POC ID for Cisco WebEx  AS# 13445?

Thank you very much for your time!

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Foss