[PDB-tech] Country Code "XK"

LOOS Eric (BCS/CBU) eric.loos at bics.com
Thu May 5 21:59:31 PDT 2016

Hi Martin,

True enough, but I came across this issue when I was trying to use the django-peeringdb code, it relies on django_countries, which is using ONLY ISO approved country-codes. I did a quick hack an added XK to it (+ XK mapping to UNK, numeric 900) UNK = under supervision of united nations, 900-999: numeric range reserved for user defined situations.

So our only option to make django_peeringdb work out of the box if we want to keep non-ISO country codes is to create a new CountryField from the one supplied by django_countries, which has a filter accepting these private ranges. The API docs do show 'XK' as a choice.

Eric Loos