[PDB Tech] IX-F JSON to PeeringDB importer (temporarily) disabled

Mullally, Ronan rmullall at akamai.com
Mon Sep 2 05:59:51 PDT 2019

On 30 Aug 2019, at 20:50, Job Snijders <job at ntt.net> wrote:

> I'll give it another few days before we take any further action to allow
> some time to collect more feedback from the community.

As the intent is to improve the accuracy / reliabilty of (asn,ix) pairs, a new attribute - along the same lines as Arnold has suggested - which indicates whether both the peer and the IX agree on a given pair might be a reasonably simple way forward.

The website could display entries differently when they don’t.  API queries could specify whether they wanted to see results that matched (or not), and - if the attribute was more than just a boolean - where the peer asserts a presence but the IX does not (for example).  The latter would have been useful in the instances where I’ve seen problems arise.

-Ronan