[PDB Data Ownership-TF] IXP assignment IP address (netixlan) ownership (was: conditions for being listed in a facility)

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Thu Jan 9 11:18:13 PST 2020

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> On 09.01.2020 19:02, Chris Caputo wrote:
> > I believe the importer needs to perform an additional task:
> >
> >   - populate/update a new database table, potentially known as
> >     netixlan_ixp, which represents the IXP viewpoint.
> >
> > and once that is implemented, it can cease removing conflicted assignments
> > unless a network has opted for IX-F JSON automatic updates.
>
> There is no reason to do so. See #585 [0] which is ready for implementation.
[...]
> [0] https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/585

Arnold, #585 has the word "Interim" in its very title.  I am proposing a
longer term solution that does not put the repeated burden of resolution
of ownership issues on the Admin Committee.  I shared my proposal with the
PC and got positive feedback, so I have now created an issue for it:

  https://github.com/peeringdb/peeringdb/issues/627

Chris