[PDB Tech] peeringDB Python Module Issues with Python 3?

William Marantz wmarantz at salesforce.com
Tue Feb 11 13:49:43 PST 2020

thanks Chris and Milton.

I had a different error but it was so long ago that I don't recall the
messages and I've changed my python setup significantly since so recreating
won't be possible.

Was django used in 2.7?  I don't recall seeing it before and I always used
the remote calls to peeringDB and never to a local DB clone.

My colleague did see the below message yesterday.

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./current_peer_analysis.py", line 36, in <module>

    sys.exit(main())

  File "./current_peer_analysis.py", line 21, in main

    orgs = pdb.all('net')

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peeringdb/client.py",
line 84, in all

    return B.get_objects(B.get_concrete(res))

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/peeringdb/backend.py",
line 78, in get_concrete

    return self.RESOURCE_MAP[res]

KeyError: 'net'

I can open an issue but it is super low priority to resolve as we quickly
converted to API and are fully functional. I was just wondering if others
generally had issues when moving to python3.

Thanks

  -Bill

--
*Bill Marantz*